Pages

Instagram

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Grilled Plantain, Zucchini & Squash



Hey friends,

Ok I guess I haven't been posting as often as I thought I would - I must confess I thought this whole food blog would be a piece of cake. The cooking bit is probably the easiest, followed by the photography however finding time to pen down the recipe and instruction is what I struggle with - I struggle because all of my recipes are pretty random (inspired by my mum, restaurants, friends, books etc), I don't measure and pretty much go by how I feel.  Cooking to me is an art there's no set way - you should be able to play around with ingredients - the photos are just there for inspiration - the ingredients can be changed - Ok enough of the excuses now - please do bear with me as I slowly find my way .Thank you for your patience

Ok today's meal (well more like a few months) is Grilled Plantain, Zucchini & Squash.  Plantain remains one of my favorite meals - It can be fried, baked, boiled and grilled. I chose to grill in this time - it was just as yummy fried - oh and we're trying keep the waistline in check so frying is NOT an option

Ingredients
1 Large plantain (preferably mid-ripe)
1 Zucchini (mid size)
1 Yellow Squash (M)
Roasted garlic grapeseed oil (any healthy oil should do, infact coconut oil will be superb) - 1 tbs
Red pepper flakes 1-2tsp
Sea salt to taste (may opt for additional seasoning)

Preparation
Using a sharp knife*, thinly slice plantain, zucchini and squash into a clean bowl
Add desired oil
Add salt to taste
Grill in the oven/bbq/grill pan  for 5-10mins or till done

Once cooked serve hot with a sprinkle of red pepper flakes

*(may use a mandoline as well for precise cuts)













No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...