Pages

Instagram

Sunday, November 25, 2012

[Breakfast] Pancakes topped with fruits (grilled bananas)



You don't have to be great to start , but you have to get started to be great 
-Les Brown


Breakfast during the week for me is usually yogurt & fresh fruits, granola cereal or a tall glass of homemade whey protein shake - simply because it's much quicker - occasionally when I have time I'll make a sunnyside up - but I'm usually on the run - so anything more than 10mins is not an option. That said on the w'end I like to take my time to make breakfast for the family - from hash browns, omelette, waffles/pancakes etc 

For Thanksgiving we had homemade pancakes - now baking is certainly not one of my strengths - I just don't get the exact science - so I prefer to get pre-made mixes and simply add water , eggs  etc. I'm still working on my own batter recipe - we're 50% there.


Ingredients
Pancakes
Pancake mix - Namaste waffle/pancake mix - gluten free/kosher certified
2 Eggs
1 tbs of coconut oil
1 tbs of brown rice syrup (optional )

Bananas
2 bananas ( serves 2)
Cinnamon
1/8 Coconut oil - optional
1/8 Natural cane sugar - optional

Direction
Pancakes - follow direction on packaging
Bananas
 - preheat grill pan or grill
 - peel banana and then slice into two
 - combine sugar and oil in a bowl - mix together
 - apply mixture to bananas and let marinade for 3-5mins
 - place banana on grill , grill each side for 2mins or until grill marks appear - 
 - remove once done and serve 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...