Pages

Instagram

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Old fashioned popcorn


'Only those who will risk going too far can possible find how far one can go'' - T.S Eliot








Popcorn anyone? Who says eating healthy is all steamed sprouts eh ?. So lately I've been looking for ways to add more healthy treats to my pantry. Currently it's full of nuts, seeds and dried fruits - which are all very good but I wanted a bit more variety - in the last 3weeks I've baked banana bread, beets chips, plantain chips and now popcorn - I'll be posting pics as soon as I get round to it :)

Today I made some good ole fashioned popcorn - I kept it very simple - with just 3 ingredients  - sea salt, coconut oil and ofcourse the corn itself - within 5mins I had my snack - yummy, simple and healthy just how I like it . 



Ingredients
1/4 cup of organic yellow popcorn
1 tb of coconut oil
salt to taste 

Directions
Add oil to pot (5qt or larger) preferably stainless steel or heavy duty
Add corn and salt to taste 
Cover pot, turn heat to med-high - 
Cook for cicra 5mins or till popping sounds stops 

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...