Pages

Instagram

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Butternut squash chips with Salmon & Steamed veggies


“Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.”- Anonymous 







Happy October! Is it me or is 2012 going way too fast. I can't believe we're less than 90days from Christmas and the New Year; oh lest I forget Thanksgiving (Turkey day) coming up next month - Phew!! Tis the food season :).

I've never been a big fries fan - or maybe I just prefer to exclude from my diet . So when I came across Butternut fries on a few blogs I decided to give it ago. Instead of frying I baked them. I did add a few sweet potatoe chips as I didn't think the quash will be filling. I had added a few sides of poache salmon and some steam veggies for a complete meal.





Ingredients
Butternut squash
Sweet Potato
Olive oil
Salmon
Seasoning - insert your favourite seafood seasoning - I used Old bay
Salt
Veggies

Instructions

Chips
Pre-heat oven to 400F
1) Cut butternut squash and sweet potato into medium size chips
2) Throw chips in a bowl and drizzle a bit of olive oil over it
3) Add salt (or seasoning )
4) Toss bowl to ensure chips are well coated
5) Spread the chips evenly on a baking tray and place in the oven  for 40mins - be sure to check and stir chips say 15-20mins in

Salmon - you may poach or grill it - I poached in water, vinegar and seasoning (old bay)

Mixed veggies- steam in a pot or microwave



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...